GretchCannon: She is (trying to be) Mighty

9.09.2017

She is (trying to be) Mighty

Hi friends. I hope you are well. I have missed you here.

I have been fighting my Autoimmune Encephalitis HARD lately. I had 3 mega steroid IVs at the hospital 3 days in a row, a pretty high dose of oral steroids, other immunosuppressing drugs, and now my IVIG weekly for 12 weeks, then every other week for 12 weeks, then back to monthly. I lost my mind again, I have been on my knees begging God not to let me live this nightmare over yet again. But, here I am. It has been 3 weeks since the hospital. I see small improvements. I know I do. I struggle minute to minute every day to think, and I feel anxious and foggy and like I am having seizures over and over in my head all day, but the nights are a little clearer. So, I wanted to do something I love and have not been able to do - just a frivolous, fun blog about fashion. I am sure my mom was even shocked when I asked her to take my picture today. She has been taking good care of me and loving me through the hard moments and hard days. Today I saw some friends for lunch, I took medicine to keep me calm, I fought the hard times, and here we are - I am getting through 1 more day. I hope tomorrow is better and the weeks keep looking up. I have to hold hope for that so I won't give up. If you are going through anything hard, just know we can do it together.


Details:
I hope you enjoyed this blog post. I hope I can do more soon. 
I miss you all and I miss living live happy and healthy the most. 
Thank you for everyone who checks on me and prays for me. 
I couldn't fight this without every single one of you, every day. 


XOXO,
Gretchen

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! Praying for your strength and healing and that the Lord will carry you through this trial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B it always means so much to hear you are praying for me. I hope HE will - thank you. I love you.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...