GretchCannon: Big Island Fashion

3.21.2017

Big Island Fashion

ALOHA! My trip to the Big Island in Hawaii at the beginning of this month was amazing! 

I had so much fun putting together some fun resort/ island looks for my trip and wanted to share them all here in one post for you. They are posted on my Instagram feed as the last few things I published, and as promised, links to items are below in the little thumbnails below each photo! 

Make sure to click the right arrow after each 3 items to view more. If you are reading this in your email and cannot see the shopping galleries I created, please open up the blog in a browser like Chrome or Safari here, and the photos and shopping links should be easier to see.

Day 1:

I wore this fun off the shoulder shirt with a pop of color on the tassels for our 1st night in Hawaii on the Big Island. We stayed at the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, and had a lovely sunset happy hour/ dinner at the pool bar at sunset. Shop this look my scrolling and clicking the photos you see above! Tops & jewelry are similar, shorts and clutch are exact! 

Day 2:



We had the pleasure of enjoying the hotel Breakfast Buffet our 2nd morning on the Big Island, and I wore this comfy outfit for a walk along the beach. Tank & shorts are exact! I love the quote on it, "Wherever you are, be all there" I love how the ocean makes me feel - the sounds, the smell, the colors. It is so healing and I tried to be so present and soak up every last second of it. 


Day 3:


We got to go to a fun Welcome Dinner and Party at our hotel our 2nd night of our trip. It was fun to get a little more dressed up for one night, since island life can be super casual! The earrings are almost exact, I got these exact ones in a turquoise color. I couldn't find the exact dress I am wearing, because I bought mine at a little boutique several years ago. I was really very excited to finally wear it though! I linked several similar dresses that would give you the same look, as well as some very similar, affordable sandals!

Day 4:


I wore this simple surfer girl look to tour the island with my best friend and my boyfriend! We saw some really beautiful waterfalls, some volcanic rock, and even drove through a hail storm before getting back to our hotel area. I got the tank I am wearing at Target a few years ago, so I linked some similar tanks that would give you the same look. They always have cute new ones every year, and the ones I linked above are also SO cute and fun. Shorts are exact, and the black sandals are exact, but mine are in their tan color. I also own and love the thinner strap tan ones that I linked.

Day 5:


For my last day in paradise, with a little bit of color on my skin and and my heart and love tank full of paradise, I went with these easy, breezy tropical outfit that I loved. Shorts & tank linked below are exact, the rest are similar items that would help you create the same look. I called this my coral necklace look.


That is it! I didn't take any photos in my swimwear, but please check out this post from when I did my swimsuit shopping! I mostly wore the purple one piece on the right and the black tankini on the right. I also got the BEST black sarong to go with those. It was super soft and lightweight and goes with everything.

I hope you enjoyed this Island wear post. I cannot wait to return to the Big Island again. I feel like I needed one more day to relax on the beach or at the pool or go on a tour. There is never enough time though, right!?

Would you like me to do a packing tips post in the future?
I could also do a post about Hawaii or Maui and places to eat and shop at!?

XOXO,
Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...