GretchCannon: Gluten Free Pumpkin Donut Recipe

11.01.2016

Gluten Free Pumpkin Donut Recipe

I baked Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts for November!!

I adapted this recipe from Grain Changer, that I found online. 


My Mom bought me a mini donut maker a few years ago, and I was dying to bake something with pumpkin to help kick off the fall season, since I had not baked yet this season, and it has not gone below 75 degrees yet in Southern California!!

I used the recipe loosely, using what I had, and trying to make them delicious as possible, while still remaining as healthy as I could keep them. They are gluten free, baked with pumpkin & topped with a yummy cinnamon sugar maple cream cheese glaze. I gave a small batch of 4 to each of my parents, and I kept about 6 at home for myself. 

Grain Changer said her total time was 25 minutes. Real life here, mine took over an hour. I am no expert. I am just someone who loves to cook and bake and make real food for myself and my loved ones to enjoy.

Her recipe and instructions are below. I will also note any of my substitutions. 

Donut Ingredients:


  • ¾ cup sugar
  • ½ cup canola oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour blend
  • 1 teaspoon xanthun gum (omit if your blend contains it)
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • ½ teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoons soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt

(I used a Truvia sugar blend instead of sugar & made my own pumpkin pie spice) 

Glaze Ingredients:

  • 2 Tablespoons milk
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 oz cream cheese
  • 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 cup powdered sugar

(I used half & half instead of milk, whipped cream cheese, and sugar free maple sugar) 

Directions:





  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray the cavities of the donut pan with cooking spray.
  2. In your stand mixer or in a large bowl, thoroughly mix the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla together. Add the pumpkin puree, and mix in until fully incorporated.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix the gluten-free flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Spoon or pipe (using an icing bag) the batter into the donut pan, filling just to the rim of the pan.
  5. Bake the donuts at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 7-9 minutes.
  6. Remove the donuts for the pan and allow them to sit for 2-3 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
  7. While the donuts are baking, prepare the glaze: using an electric mixer or stand mixer, mix the cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar together until smooth and fully combined. Add in the cinnamon and maple syrup, and mix for another 30 seconds.
  8. Once the donuts are mostly cool, gently dip them into the glaze one by one, and return to the wire rack to allow the glaze to set.

(I used the donut maker 3x vs. the oven, tried to use a piping bag made from a ziploc and made a big mess, each batch only took about 2-3 minutes to bake, and then on top of the glaze, i added more Truvia for an extra sweet sugar crunch!) 

I thought they were delicious and aren't they picture perfect!?


Products noted: 

What other recipes would you like to see on the blog?

Let me know if you try these!

XOXO,
GretchCannon

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So good & thank you for the cutting board I ordered - it looks amazing!!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...