GretchCannon: 5 Easy Steps to Spray Tan Prep

11.15.2016

5 Easy Steps to Spray Tan Prep

Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #WetSkinMoisturizer #CollectiveBias


5 Easy Steps to Spray Tan Prep


I have been so excited to share with you all what I do the night before I spray tan to prep my skin!
I get asked about this a lot, especially on Snapchat for some reason when I mention tanning.

I usually get a spray tan on Mondays because there is a place in my town that offers a $10 Monday special, so I definitely always try to take advantage of that deal. And, I love to have a tan in the fall
and winter months, because I feel so pale and it helps my skin look glowing and more radiant.

This ritual that I usually do on Sunday nights really helps prep my skin for an even tan the next day and it helps the tan last all week long and look luminous until I go in again for my next appointment!

You will need your choice of the following items: Loofah or sponge, soap, a razor, and an in-shower moisturizer. I recently found Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer with Cherry Almond Essence, which is easy to use and works especially well in these colder months and before and after you spray tan, when your skin is so super thirsty. You don't need any additional lotion when you get out of the shower, so it is super convenient to use every day.





Night Before Spray Tan Prep - 5 simple steps!

1. Exfoliate and Shave in the shower. Use a loofah or sponge, your favorite soap and razor.
This step makes sure your skin is super smooth and prepped for your moisture and your tan.


2. Apply Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer on your wet skin in the shower, BEFORE you dry off.
Use about a dime-sized amount on each arm and a quarter-sized amount on each leg.


3. Dry Off as normal. The product immediately absorbs for faster moisturizing.
It is lightweight on your skin and not sticky at all. My skin feels so soft all day after using this.


4. Get Dressed for bed. There is no need for any more products after you dry off!
Get a good night's sleep and make sure you have your tanning appointment booked.


5. Go Tanning the next day. Rinse off the morning of your appointment, go get your spray tan,
let it soak in for at least 8 hours, then shower and apply this again to lock in your tan and moisture!


I hope that helps! One day I can create a tutorial solely based on what you do IN the tanning booth to
prep for your tan, if you guys would like to see that. I think this step by step should really help you get prepped for your tan, and keep your skin moisturized so your tan is even and lasts longer.


I bought the product at my local Walmart store, so I took a couple of photos of the aisle and the placement in that aisle when I last went shopping to help you easily find it at your store. In my store, I found it in between the Personal Care and Cosmetics Aisles - see photos below.





I loved the Cherry Almond Essence and the Refreshing Coconut Oil fragrances. They also carry Calming Green Tea Oil scent, Nourishing Minoi Oil scent, and Restoring Argan Oil scent.


The Cherry Almond Essence is exclusive to Walmart stores, so I had to try that one, and I love all things that involve Coconut Oil, so I purchased that one too. Some of the bottles even had $1 coupon stickers on them, so keep your eye out for those!


I hope this little step by step tutorial helped you remember what to do before you get your winter spray tan to keep your skin hydrated and looking smooth and smokin'!

Do you have any other tips for achieving a flawless spray tan?

For ideas and tips from other bloggers, click here.

XOXO,
GretchCannon 


13 comments:

  1. This has been so helpful. Thank you so much. I'm always reluctant to self- tan. This gives me some confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I personally don't tan and never have had a spray tan. I know, crazy right? But I do love using in shower moisturizers! They help with my mild eczema! I currently am using one by lush but I'll have to try this one next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried anything by Lush! I am loving this lotion in the shower though! Your skin is so pretty and looks beautiful on you! You don't even need to tan!

      Delete
  3. Informative article. I like the step-by-step instruction. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My skin is always so dry after the shower! I have to try this!! Thank you for the recommendation! And the options of scents don't hurt either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your post! Always looking forward to the products you try. Love the the step by step process

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Exfoliation and moisturizing afterwards is key to having your sunless tanning (spray, foam, etc) go on evenly & last longer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good read! I never thought about using this to help prep for a spray tan! I always forget to put lotion on so this would be easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this post! I use a mousse self tan at home that I love but I never moisturize enough so it fades quickly. I will have to try this because I hate rubbing in lotion once out of the shower. I freeze! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love Jergen products; can't wait to try this one. I love the step by step on how to use. On my way to WalMart to get me some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, Great Post-Thanks! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...