GretchCannon: My Turkey Taco Salad Recipe!

8.12.2016

My Turkey Taco Salad Recipe!

BY POPULAR DEMAND... If you follow me on snapchat that is.. my Taco Salad recipe!
If you don't follow me on SnapChat, and you want to - I don't promise the most exciting reel of life ever, but I do have some fun recipes, makeup tricks, outfits, fashion, some late night singing in the car garage parties, photos of my cats, etc. I am @afitfashionista over there. It won't let me change my name to @GretchCannon - but that is what you see on the page after you add @afitfashionista. Weird. 

Down to biz. 

I have been on a turkey taco salad kick for the past couple weeks, and I guess it is just because it is SO good and so easy and I don't get tired of it! It could be healthier (remove cheese, remove chips), but I love it like this for now! Here is a photo of the one I made today. They are all usually very much the same, sometimes a little bit different.. 


This is what they look like after I snap my photo and smash everything together to eat it. Not so beautiful but still so scrumptious. 

Shopping list/ ingredients for the taco salad are as follows - AND THIS SHOULD GIVE YOU ABOUT 5 TACO SALADS - depending on the amount of turkey meat you add to your salad:
  • 1 pack of extra lean or lean ground turkey meat 
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning (i get gluten free) 
  • 1-2 bags of shredded iceberg lettuce (would be cheaper to shred your own lettuce, but this is for lazy people like me) 
  • 2% plain greek yogurt tub (you can use full fat or fat free if you want, but I like the flavor of 2% and I get the individual sizes so I can save half)
  • Shredded cheddar cheese (or fiesta blend - mmm!)
  • Vegetables (I like to add tomatoes, cucumbers and lime juice - also sliced avocado when they are in season at my house, and cilantro and green onions for garnishing!) 
  • Salt & Tapatio (or whatever hot sauce you like) for seasoning - could use salsa too if you want
  • Bag of some type of tortilla chips (i get anything gluten free, and I love Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato chips) 

Instructions: Remember - This should make you 5 lunches for the week!! 
  1. Brown the entire package of turkey on the stove and add the seasoning packet contents per the directions on the outside of the package. Take out what you need today's salad, and store the rest in a tupperware container in the fridge. I probably eat 1/2 cup of meat on each salad and I run out after 5 salads. 
  2. Get a large bowl, and add shredded lettuce, sliced vegetables, 1/2 cup of cheese, and 1/2 package of the greek yogurt. The greek yogurt tastes like sour cream and is delish!! 
  3. Line your bowl with chips and top with tapatio and anything else you want, like cilantro or green onions. 
  4. Eat! 
  5. Oh wait, SNAPchat that ish, then eat the whole thing!
  6. Lick the bowl? I would never... :) 


I hope you enjoy this recipe. 
Let me know if you try it or have any other ideas or suggestions for me! 

XOXO,
Gretchen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...