GretchCannon: Avocado Egg Salad Recipe

3.11.2016

Avocado Egg Salad Recipe

A twist on the old Avocado Toast snack/ meal/ anytime yummy food.. the Avocado Egg Salad! 
My avocados were ready to go and ready for me to go outside and pick some more from our trees, so I whipped this up and wanted to share it with you all! 

Here is the finished product: I did 2 gluten free toasts vs. a sandwich, so I could get maximum egg salad per bite. Very efficient and effective haha. And I had 1 small red gala apple, cut up, and some iced lemon water. Delish!

(Treat Platter is from Pier 1 - HERE)




























So, I boiled up 6 eggs in a pot covering them with salt water, and then covering, letting them cook on low for about 10 minutes. Then, I discarded the water and ran them under cool water for a couple of minutes.



I tap tap tapped the shells all over them and then peeled them off. Then, I rinsed the boiled eggs in some cool water to make sure I got all of the shell pieces off.

(Kitchen towel is from World Market HERE)


For my recipe, I used 2 small-medium fuerte avocados, but you could use 1 large avocado, any kind, or even a little bit less avocado. However, I am an avocado addict, so I used 2. I just used a fork and smashed the avocado up, adding a squirt of yellow mustard, a squirt of lite mayo, 2 slices of cold dill pickles chopped, salt and pepper, paprika, and some chopped red onion - however much of each ingredient you like. I love recipes like this that you really just adjust the ingredients to your taste and what you like. Some people leave the mayo out since they are using avocado, and a lot of people hate paprika. Next time I make it, I will probably leave out the red onion. It made for some killer breath, and made the salad more guacamole-tasting than egg salad.

(Salad bowl is Rachael Ray, on sale HERE for $10!)





























For the eggs, I just cut them up, using all the whites, and 3 of the yolks then mixed them in! Easy!
Let the salad cool in the fridge for probably at least 20 minutes. Then, you can make toast or a sandwich, or eat with crackers, or even alone! Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. This is an awesome set HERE. I was able to get 3 meals out of this batch.

(Treat Platter is from Pier 1 - HERE)





























Hope you enjoyed! Here are the avocados I picked as I let my salad cool in the fridge!



Have you tried this recipe or a similar one? 
I would love to hear any twists or tricks to make mine better or different! 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

P.S. I think I might have to buy THIS SHIRT!! 
So cute & fitting!! 




XOXO,
Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...