GretchCannon: Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - with Cream Cheese!

2.04.2016

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - with Cream Cheese!

Hey guys - recipe time! I love chocolate chip cookies and if you are like me, you might like your chocolate chip cookies a little more thick and soft sometimes, am I right? I added cream cheese to these, you cannot taste it, and they were moist and delicious. I recently found out that I need to start eating more gluten-free foods and ingredients, so I am glad I got to enjoy these 1st! These are great as a Valentine's Day treat! My boyfriend and family loved them! I ate my fair share too, I am not going to lie! I gave them away in some cute baggies to some neighbors too with Valentine's candy in them. Lots of photos below!
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - with Cream Cheese Recipe:
Makes: 24 cookies 
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes, plus 2 hours+ refrigeration 
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes  
Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup (block or spreadable) regular fat cream cheese
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed in measuring cup (i love these cat ones!)
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions:

  1. With the paddle attachment, use your stand mixer (mine is like this one!), and mix the butter, cream cheese, both sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium high speed until the mixture is creamy and light. It took me about 5 minutes. 
  2. Add flour, baking soda, cornstarch, salt, and blend for 1 minute in the mixer. 
  3. Add 1.5 cups of the chocolate chips to the mix (save the other .5 cup for later), and mix slowly in the mixer. 
  4. Use an ice cream scoop or cookie scoop to make cookie dough balls on the pans (3 pans of 8 each), cover the tops in plastic wrap, and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours to cool. 
  5. Preheat oven when ready for 350 F. Line a silicone baking mat (like this) or a cookie sheet topped with parchment paper with the cookie mounds a couple of inches apart. I push down the tops a little 1st, or roll the balls a bit if they seem like the shape is off. Use the rest of the .5 cup of chocolate chips to put on top of the cookies so they look super chocolatey all over the top! 
  6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on your oven, until edges look slightly cooked. The centers will be soft and moist. I tried different levels of height inside the oven and cooked on the different pans or sheets and the best for me was a parchment paper lined cookie sheet on the middle rack, turned around halfway through cooking time. 
  7. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then put on a cooling rack to finish cooling completely. 
  8. Serve immediately if you want (because you know you gotta try them), give to friends, and keep any leftovers in an air tight container for 5-7 days, or in the freezer for a couple of months. 
Ingredients:

Mixing:



One on the left/ top worked best:

Cooked:

Cooling: 





So gooey and yummy!!!

My little Valentine's treats: 
(Starbucks mug can be found here)



I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Let me know if you try it or have suggestions of your own! 

XOXO, 
Gretchen

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh..these look amazing! Why can't I be your neighbor?! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretch! Come be my neighbor! Then I don't eat them all by myself! Dangerous! Thanks, hope your Vday was good too! <3 Gretch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...