GretchCannon: GretchCannon's Turkey Stuffed Peppers Recipe

1.15.2016

GretchCannon's Turkey Stuffed Peppers Recipe

I made Turkey Stuffed Peppers last night for dinner, so I wanted to blog the recipe!



I made a side of rice, so you will see the box in the photo of all of my ingredients, and I just used the recipe on that box for the wild rice.

GretchCannon's Turkey Stuffed Peppers Recipe

Prep time: 35 min
Bake time: 35 min
Total time: Approximately 1 hour, 10 min

Ingredients:


  • 1 package of Lean Ground Turkey (16 oz.) 
  • 1 tsp ground cumin 
  • 1/2 large red onion, minced 
  • 1 tsp minced garlic (jarred) 
  • 1/4 cup tomato sauce (canned) 
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth 
  • Handful of fresh cilantro (chopped) 
  • 4 large bell peppers 
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (+ sprinkle of fancy parmesan)
  • 1 box of rice (and ingredients needed per box - butter and water)
  1. Heat oven to 400. 
  1. Lightly coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat a little over medium heat. 
  1. Add the onion and garlic; then saute for about 2 minutes or until they are softened a bit. 
  1. Add the entire package of ground turkey and the cumin. 
  1. Break the meat apart with a wooden spatula, mixing and cooking over medium for about 15 minutes, or until browned and done. 
  1. Add the tomato sauce and only 1/4 cup of the chicken broth to the pan. 
  1. Reduce heat to low and simmer like this for about 5 minutes. 
  1. Add some of the cilantro, and mix together. 
  1. Pour the rest of the chicken broth into the bottom of whatever baking dish(es) you will be using. I used 2 glass dishes. 
  1. Cut the peppers lengthwise as shown, and cut out the seeds and any stem. 
  1. I used a 1/4 cup measuring spoon and put 2 servings of the turkey mixture into each of the 8 pepper halves. 
  1. Sprinkle the rest of the cilantro on top of the now stuffed peppers, and cover with foil. 
  1. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes (while you cook your rice). 
  1. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 more minutes, uncovered. 


Directions:



I prepared my rice while my peppers we're baking. I served the meal with some sea salt, pepper, and some spicy ketchup - I hope you try this recipe and enjoy! Let me know! I ate 2 halves for my dinner with a serving of the rice, and James ate 3 halves with rice. 


Have a great weekend everyone. 
Love, GretchCannon


2 comments:

  1. Yummy!
    I saw the pictures on instragram and came here. I'm always in the look for easy recipes for weeknights. All ingredients are on my grocery list now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog! They were easier than you would expect and great flavor! I had leftovers for a couple of meals too. Let me know if you try them!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...