I made Turkey Stuffed Peppers last night for dinner, so I wanted to blog the recipe!
I made a side of rice, so you will see the box in the photo of all of my ingredients, and I just used the recipe on that box for the wild rice.
GretchCannon's Turkey Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Prep time: 35 min
Bake time: 35 min
Total time: Approximately 1 hour, 10 min
- 1 package of Lean Ground Turkey (16 oz.)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 large red onion, minced
- 1 tsp minced garlic (jarred)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (canned)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Handful of fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheese (+ sprinkle of fancy parmesan)
- 1 box of rice (and ingredients needed per box - butter and water)
- Heat oven to 400.
- Lightly coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat a little over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; then saute for about 2 minutes or until they are softened a bit.
- Add the entire package of ground turkey and the cumin.
- Break the meat apart with a wooden spatula, mixing and cooking over medium for about 15 minutes, or until browned and done.
- Add the tomato sauce and only 1/4 cup of the chicken broth to the pan.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer like this for about 5 minutes.
- Add some of the cilantro, and mix together.
- Pour the rest of the chicken broth into the bottom of whatever baking dish(es) you will be using. I used 2 glass dishes.
- Cut the peppers lengthwise as shown, and cut out the seeds and any stem.
- I used a 1/4 cup measuring spoon and put 2 servings of the turkey mixture into each of the 8 pepper halves.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cilantro on top of the now stuffed peppers, and cover with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes (while you cook your rice).
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 more minutes, uncovered.
I prepared my rice while my peppers we're baking. I served the meal with some sea salt, pepper, and some spicy ketchup - I hope you try this recipe and enjoy! Let me know! I ate 2 halves for my dinner with a serving of the rice, and James ate 3 halves with rice.
Have a great weekend everyone.