GretchCannon: Holiday Cut-Out Sugar Cookies with Icing Recipe

12.23.2015

Holiday Cut-Out Sugar Cookies with Icing Recipe

So, last Friday - my best friend Kim and I had a Holiday bake-a-thon in my kitchen! 
She has helped me so much this year get through hard times, so it was wonderful to create some new memories with her for Christmas this year. 

I am not a big sugar cookie lover, but I thought it would be a great home made treat, and they came out chewy, sweet and delicious! Soft, buttery, sweet...mmmm!


Kim's Mom's vintage mixer..


Here is me rolling out the dough...




Got some cute cookie cutter shapes at The Dollar Tree.. 


Baked till light golden on the edges.. 


Stood outside to enjoy the sunset together..

Made some fabulous icing following the recipe from the blog and using a clear squeeze bottle and some food coloring.. 


Also made brownies, gingerbread cookies, rolo pretzels, chocolate chip cookies, and toffee squares... 


Biggest lesson learned -- have fun, make more cookies, and keep more to eat myself! Very tiring but very worth it and I am very grateful I was able to enjoy this with Kimmee. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...