GretchCannon: MIMM #10: Caffeine love and a Lululemon warehouse sale!

9.16.2013

MIMM #10: Caffeine love and a Lululemon warehouse sale!

Thank you Katie for another MIMM (Marvelous In My Monday) blog link up. 
This is my 10th one, and it is definitely a marvelous Monday

Marvelous is.. caffeine. That sounds really bad, but I do love my 1 big travel mug of coffee in the morning, and then something like an iced tea in the late afternoon to pick me up. 

Lately I have been on an iced green tea kick! So refreshing and cold and delicious with a Truvia for some sweetness! And how cute is the little fall coffee band from Starbucks!? I am not ready for fall yet - we got 1 more week people! But I do love all things pumpkin, as I am sure many of my readers do. You can find a lot of their fall drinks on Starbucks.com - I love a pumpkin spice latte as much as the next girl, but I am trying to eat and drink super clean lately!! 

And, marvelous is this killer deal I got at Target! I don't know if you can get it on Target.com, but in the store, every 2 bags of Dunkin' Donuts coffee you buy, you get a free mug! AND the coffee was on sale for under $7 a bag. This is great because sometimes they can cost up to $10 and $11, which is ridiculous, and we probably go through a bag a week! We both love the French Vanilla, like I said.. me with the pumpkin... it is so good! And, Apple Pie sounds like a really weird coffee flavor, but I will try it! I probably should have bought 4-8 more bags and stocked up! Then I would have 6 random coffee mugs I don't need too. They would be cute to put fall gifts or treats in though. 

Marvelous is.. a MUCH needed Friday night date night with my man! We have both been working so hard at work and in the gym and I was extremely tired from my work week on Friday. So, we went down the street in town for some steak dinner! I had filet mignon, 1 glass of red wine, double veggies no starch, and a plain salad with oil & vinegar! My shirt and shoes are from Target.com (marvelous is Target! lol), my jeans are 7forallmankind.com, my bracelet is Jcrew.com, and my bag is my Totally Louis Vuitton!

And, the most marvelous marvelous was my crazy Saturday with my mom! We found out about a Lululemon.com warehouse sale in LA and I was DYING to go. A LULULEMON WAREHOUSE SALE? THE ULTIMATE IN Fit Fashionista adventures, right?

I was checking Instagram and Twitter all Friday afternoon and Saturday morning - some people drove from SF to LA, and some people waited from 3-5 hours to GET IN! I can't stand in line that long.. it takes an hour for me to drive to my mom's condo, then an hour to LA for her to drive from there.. so I got my workout done and some errands in the morning, and headed over to see her! We grabbed lunch at Boudins (I got a BBQ chicken salad with all the unhealthy stuff on the side, and mom got a tomato soup and had some of my salad).. and we were off!!

In traffic took us a little over an hour, and we found the $15 parking at the convention center. I can only imagine how crazy it must have been in the mornings when people camped out at 3am to get in at 8am! Twitter was showing 1 hour wait times to get in, so we were hoping for the best. Followed the signs, and got in line! The guy said 45 minutes, but we ended up waiting over an hour, so about 75 minutes. A USC game had just ended, and a lot of fans were showing up post-game. The prices were somewhere around 40-60% off, and for any of you lulu lovers out there, you know that this stuff hardly ever goes on sale and there are no outlets anywhere!

We shopped for 2 hours inside, scaling racks, sifting through our stuff, searching for something we loved in our size.. women were changing out in the open if they didn't want to wait in line for the dressing room, and people had bags on bags of stuff! Limit was 25 items a person, but I think some people went to multiple checkout lines for sure. And, a lot of cute stuff I had seen posted on IG from Friday was already gone - like some cute gym bags, yoga mats, and wunder unders. Here is our pic collage from our adventure.

As you can see we were pretty happy with our finds! (Both of our shirts are from Forever21.com - if you were wondering!) And how cute is my mom's LouisVuitton.com bag that my dad got her for her birthday?

No traffic getting back to mom's place, and met my dad at Sharky's for a healthy dinner to re-fuel. They had chicken power plates, and I got a big super food salad (with quinoa, avocado, chia seeds, spinach, etc.) and added shrimp. I cleaned the plate.

Got home late, but woke up on Sunday to sift through my stuff. Here is what I ended up with! For under $500! 5 pairs of crops, 3 headbands, 2 bras, 1 skirt, 5 tanks, 1 tee, 2 jackets, and 1 puffy vest!
I had a really hard time with the puffy vest. I put it back about 3x, but had to buy it. I know I live in So Cal, and I have to figure out how to wear it or where, but it is freaking cute and the hood is adorable! My favorite things I got are the striped wunderunders (I usually wear a 6, but these are a 10, so they are comfy - that was the only size they had for me so I had to get them), the orange crops because they are tight on the calf (the others are all loose), the coral jacket, and the lime tee! The lime tee was the only tee i even saw there - it just sort of popped up when I was looking through stuff. I got a couple of other things like a wrong size tank and a t-shirt I don't like, so I am going to give those to friends as gifts or sell them.

If I lived closer to LA, I would have probably gone back on Sunday to Christmas shop. The little baby blue and pink tanks and sports bras ended up being on sale for $9! I am so obsessed, it is ridiculous, but it was a fun experience, we got some great deals, and I mean, the jackets retail for $150+, and pants are at least $60+ usually, right - so we did good! Mom got 3 pairs of crops, 3 tees, and 2 jackets!!

So, I had a great weekend, and am lucky and blessed to be healthy and happy and busy and having fun. On Sunday, I did laundry, prepped our meals for the week, James cleaned his garage, I took a 20 min power nap, did some cardio, and went to bed by 10:30pm. I couldn't get up this morning to work out before work, but I will get it done today - along with going to get some car quotes for a scratch I have on my car!! Full work week ahead, and some "fun" side work on Saturday, which I will tell you all about soon! 

Hope you have some Marvelous in your Monday - and a great week! 

Tell me about your weekend, and what Lululemon swag you love! 

XOXO,
A Fit Fashionista

15 comments:

  1. So glad you commented so I could find your blog! Umm your Lulu haul is my dream.. so jealous yet happy for ya! Sounds like a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw ya, glad I found you too!! I know, it was so amazing - my Disneyland! LOL! Thanks lady! Keep in touch!

      Delete
  2. OMG you made out like a bandit at the sale! I'm jealous! What a fun day for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww I did, thanks!! so much fun, mom was worn out! well when you move back we will have to do some fun girls shopping days!

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh I'm so super jealous!!! I went to Lululemon yesterday and was so depressed because I just can't afford it. Great finds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? Well, I just posted a couple of things on Ebay, if you wanna check em out here: http://www.ebay.com/usr/gretchstars

      Also, I only shop the "we made too much" section of the store and site usually too, so I feel ya! that is why i wanted to go to this sale so bad!

      Delete
  4. I heard the wait was intense. Glad you got in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I did NOT want to wait 3-5 hours. I could never wait for anything for that long! LOL.
      We were quoted 45 min but waited 70 - so not too shabby!!! They need to start feeding people if they are in line 5 hours! LOL.

      Delete
  5. OK so i just yelped I am so jealous literally I live for sample sales and had always dreamed Lulu lemon would have one and bam right when i move they have one. I'm happy you got some fun goodies lots of love c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you just yelped! I love sample sales too!! Omg, I know you just moved!! I did get some fun stuff!! Thanks mama!!

      Delete
  6. I am beyond jealous of your lululemon warehouse sale adventures! I NEED to find one in Toronto!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I was thinking Canada would have a lot more LULU outlets, no?! I would die if we had an outlet in Cali!

      Delete
  7. I love my Astro pants and...your white shirt, blue jeans outfit! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...