GretchCannon: MIMM #8: Protein Pancake Food Prep!

8.26.2013

MIMM #8: Protein Pancake Food Prep!

Happy Marvelous In My Monday! Thanks Katie as always for the link up group! 



I caught a cold from James late last week, so my weekend unfortunately was not too marvelous. 
I mostly rested and relaxed, did laundry, got a small amount of light cardio in, watched a lot of TV (Camp, Project Runway, Extreme Weight Loss, Kardashians), and rested. 

Last night we did do some food prepping for the week though - so I thought that would be appropriate to share today. It is really helpful to us to prep food when we are trying hard to eat healthy and get in shape. I decided to bust out the breakfasts earlier in the day, so we could eat right away and so we wouldn't have to do them at night. 

Check out my delicious pancake short stack below. My friend Danitza always posts amazing recipes on her website, and last month sometime, I asked how she made her little short pancake stacks with fluffy little pancakes. She directed me to this cool silver dollar pancake pan that you can buy on Amazon.com - here is the one I bought, it was about $30. You might be able to find them at Target.com or BedBathandBeyond.com too, but Amazon.com Prime is super easy for me to order with free shipping and I usually get things super fast. 

My protein pancake short stacks = 1/3 cup plain oats, 1/2 cup egg whites, cinnamon, 1 Truvia - mix it up in the NutriBullet - and pour onto the pan. These cook quickly because they are thin, so you can turn over in a couple of minutes with a fork. Mine aren't as fluffy as Danitza's, but I did make them differently. I love their little miniature size though! I added a handful of walnuts, a couple squirts of butter spray, and Walden Farm's blueberry sugar free syrup that I actually bought from Vitacost.com. So good and so cute!

Here is my station when I was almost finished - I was cooking James's pancakes on the right side, and he was cutting chicken and getting it ready for a marinade. 

I made pancakes for me for Mon-Sat!

And, the same for James! Miss Boot was very interested. His pancakes are 1 pack of Weight Control Oats Maple Flavor, 1 cup of eggwhites, and 1/4 cup frozen blueberries mixed together. His are definitely not as beautiful, but they do taste good! It only took me 1 hour to make 12 pancakes for the week, plus our 2 for breakfast - so 14 pancakes! I had a rhythm goin!

I am on the up and up a little bit regarding my stupid head cold, but my nose is either so stuffy or so runny that I can't sleep, so I try to prop my head up, then my mouth gets so dry I have to get water, then my neck is so sore the next day. Ugh. Am I the only one this happens to every time I get sick? I hope it gets better this week - I need some sleep and I have a busy week ahead! 

I hope your Monday is Marvelous - I will be working from home today, eating my prepped food, maybe go get a spray tan, try to get a weights workout in, and I am hoping to go look at an elliptical tonight that someone is selling on Craigslist, for our home gym! 

Also, check out my Quest Bar giveaway if you haven't already - the contest to get a free box of bars ends this Friday! Good luck! Link here. 

What plans do you have for today or this week? 

XOXO, 
A Fit Fashionista 


14 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! With fall fast approaching it makes me want to do the same. Glad to see you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall is not fast approaching - don't say it! LOL. I need more summer!! Wah!! Thanks mama!!

      Delete
  2. YUM! Love how simple that recipe is too! <3 I also love your kitchen gorgeous!!! <3

    Love ya girl! Happy Monday! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!! I only like simple recipes too. Anything with too many steps or ingredients I lose patience! Thanks for the compliment on the kitchen! XOXO Happy MIMM to you too! :)

      Delete
  3. Can you come prep some pancakes for me?!?! I swear everyday would be marvelous for me if it started with pancakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - ya every day starts with pancakes! my bf says he gets tired of them, but i love breakfast when it is sweet. i dont think i could ever get tired of pancakes or oatmeal!

      Delete
  4. I hope your cold goes away soon! Those pancakes sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I am finally on the up & up I think!

      Delete
  5. Get well soon! I AM loving all of the DELISH food prepping happening over in your kitchen, I need to get cooking again I SURE do miss it! Thanks for sharing gorgeous! Love + Shine CourtStar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I am finally starting to feel better. I get out of the swing of cooking sometimes too, but the BBQ grill really helps!

      Delete
  6. I was literally drooling over these pancakes while laying in bed last night before bed, Ha! They look delicious :)

    p.s. Feel better, darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, they are so good - i love them with the walnuts too! thank you so much, i am finally starting to feel better!

      Delete
  7. Ummm Yummm! Those look amazing ;]

    Hope you feel better!

    XO
    The Parlor Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks lady! they are good!! and so cute! lol

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...