GretchCannon: Green Smoothie Recipe

7.07.2013

Green Smoothie Recipe

Green Smoothie Recipe! 

I made a delicious Green Smoothie today, inspired by seeing so many Tone It Up girls making them out there in Instagram land, and seeing some of the email recipes from Lauren Conrad. I got a fabulous Nutribullet from either Amazon.com or Bed Bath & Beyond for my birthday from my mom, so I was really excited to finally try it today after my workout.


Go through your fridge and see what you have! That is my recommendation. I made this smoothie not by following a recipe, but by looking in my fridge to see what I already had on hand. My smoothie contains the following ingredients below (approximate measurements). I threw it all in, and blended it up! Then i put it in a fun mason jar with a straw and drank up!
  • 2 handfuls of spinach 
  • 10 baby carrots 
  • 1 Frozen Banana
  • 5 Frozen Mango Chunks 
  • 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk 
  • 1/2 scoop of peanut butter flavor whey protein powder 
  • 1/2 Cup of Filtered Water 
  • 1/2 Lime Squeezed 
  • A dash of Truvia Sweetener 
  • A few ice cubes 
  • Topped off with Chia Seeds 

So delicious! I hope you enjoy! :)

What is your favorite green smoothie recipe?

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog girl!

    Great connecting with you the other day :) And yes, my nails still look fab, 8th day! I will remove the polish tomorrow, hopefully an easy process ;)

    I usually go for protein shakes after working out, and sometimes for meal replacement, my absolute fave:

    A hand full Frozen strawberries (frozen berries will keep the shake extra cold)
    half a banana
    Vanilla Whey protein (my fave is from GNC)
    Water
    tiny bit of honey (yummy, makes it so sweet and delish)

    I believe honey would be a great addition to your green smoothie too!
    xo
    Linda
    Lindasworldblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda - you too! Thanks for stopping by. Wow, 8 days! That is so crazy for nail polish to stay that long!
      I have never put honey in a smoothie or protein shake - thanks for the tip!!!!!!
      I have a post coming out on Thursday if you want to see a couple of my favorite whey proteins.
      I will have to try the vanilla GNC! Have a good week! :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...