GretchCannon: Fitness Tip of the Day - At Home Videos and Workouts

7.22.2013

Fitness Tip of the Day - At Home Videos and Workouts

For something Marvelous in your Monday -- MIMM #4,
I wanted to give you all an easy fitness tip of the day..

Use YouTube and even Pinterest for free workouts and workout videos! I have created a playlist on YouTube that I wanted to share with you guys. I am always adding to it, and may break it out by body parts or workout types eventually.

Check it out here for now - A Fit Fashionista's Fitness Workouts  - and be sure to subscribe to my channel - for miscellaneous vlogs about fitness, health, fashion & beauty reviews, hauls and tips.

I also have a collection of at-home workouts on Pinterest too! Click here for the link to the board!


I often take my iPad or even iPhone downstairs to our home gym, and then stream to my Apple TV and work it out! I love the Tone it Up girls and Livestrong Woman, and as you can see, I have found some additional channels and workouts to add to the list recently. I also like to do P90x & Insanity sometimes to mix things up. If I am doing this type of workout at home, I will try to do up to 30 minutes of toning or weights types of videos, and then follow the workout with some cardio. I either do another video for cardio, or jump on the treadmill or go outside for walking or jogging.

I love to use my Polar FT4 heart rate monitor when I work out at home, so I can easily keep track of the time, and see how many calories I have burned. It is an awesome motivator!

As you can see, these are some easy ways you can work out at home, when you are short on time or money. Most of the exercises can be done with just your body weight. Or, you can get a cheap pair of 5-15 lb dumbbells at Target or online at Amazon.com. I usually use 5 to 8 lbs for most of the videos, since you are doing so many reps!

Ok, I am off to do some Sean T25! 25 minutes of burnin' cals!

What is your favorite at-home workout video?

If you also have a YouTube playlist like this, please leave a link in the comments! 

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE YouTube for staying fit. Can't wait to check out your playlist. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks - please do check it out and let me know what you think! Do you have any favorite channels?

      Delete
  2. I love turbofire!!! As for youtube vids, blogilates,tara stiles and amanda russell are some faves.Can't wait to see your playlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh great, yes check it out! I am not familiar with Tara Stiles. I will have to check her out! My favorite videos are the ones that you can follow along with the whole time. I hate when they show you a quick workout in 1 minute and don't do the whole thing with you!

      Delete
  3. I love jillian michaels workout DVD's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good idea! I have only tried a couple of her older ones. I love her! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. My favorite is to do a yoga video at night. The cool down always makes me sleepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that is a great idea - I never like doing yoga because it makes me sleepy LOL. Thanks for the tip!!!

      Delete
  5. I've always been a big fan of Jillian Michael's videos. I think I may steal the above comments idea about doing yoga at night. genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! The only thing I don't like is when she moves from one move to the next and I can't keep up while watching her and trying to do it! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...