GretchCannon: My make-up faves!

10.30.2011

My make-up faves!

Some of my make-up faves. I'm super simple & have never been a big makeup girl. Lately, I've been really into YouTube videos & learning more about makeup & skin care. And most of the stuff I use is from Target or CVS or RiteAid, but I have been trying new things or are about to try new things from places like Sephora or Ulta. I bought the Temptu a couple months ago, which I blogged about..& it was sticky and itchy. Waah no bueno, so I had to return it to QVC. Anywhoo.. These are my go-to things... If you care :P these will change, but I love these right now..& I'm putting it on right now as I type this post on my phone...so this is the order I put it on too. I'd love to do a YouTube video one day too for fun, but Im scurred! Lol never did one of those before! Ok here goes..

Foundation: I love Maybelline Pure Makeup, Loreal Visible Lift, & I like to mix it all with LancĂ´me Flash Bronzer.
I don't really use primers, but I do want to experiment with that. Also ordered makeup forever hd from sephora that I am excited to try.

Concealer: Almay clear complexion and line smoothing.

Lip balm: CO Bigelow Lemon, Burt's Bees Berry & EOS Lemon.

Clear brow Gel: Ulta or whatever brand I can find.

Bronzers & Blushes: Ulta, Mac, TooFaced. Excited to try Nars.

Eyeshadow: any fun palette w good colors, right now I use MAC, cover girl & Loreal. Sometimes TooFaced or Ulta.

Eyebrow Powder: started filling my brows in after my friends wedding in may. The makeup girl did it on me & I really liked it.. Lol but I've been using 2 eyeshadows that work well.. Bobbi Brown Taupe & MAC Espresso Matte. I got some eyebrow kits from Clinique & NYC, but I still like the shadows better for now. I might try a pencil soon too.

Eyeliner: I like liquids for the top like Almay, & if I do the bottom or water line I like rolling pencils like Almay or Revlon.

Eyelash Curler & Lashes: don't use these much! I suck at lashes, & sometimes use a cheap curler from the drugstore.

Mascara: right now I heart a cheapie that works awesome.. Prestige my biggest lashes. I also like Lash Stilleto by Maybeline. Recently ordered a Benefit mascara to try that I learned about on YouTube.

Powder: I like StudioFix MAC and Almost Powder Clinique. Lately I've just been using Maybelline mineral powder with a brush.

Lipgloss & Lipstick: I don't wear much lipstick, so if I was going out I'd just use a MAC or ULTA one that I've gotten as free gifts.. And for glosses I like MAC, Rock&republic, Clinique & Stila.

For applicators, I just use circle sponges from the drugstore for foundation, or a MAC or Sonia Kashuk brush I have when going out. I need to learn more about what brush does what well, lol.. But for now I use an assortment of brushes I've collected: MAC, Nordstrom, ULTA, Bare Minerals, Sonia Kashuk.

That's all folks! Off to run some errands! Least I gots my makeup on now! :)

1 comment:

  1. Gretchen I would love for you to make a video on how you curl your hair and fix it with your bangs pinned back on one side. Love that look. I would love to try it. Don't be scared of that camera...start taping girl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...