GretchCannon: My 4th of July Decor!

7.08.2011

My 4th of July Decor!

I spent $100 on fabric this year to decorate for the 4th of July. I went to a cool fabric warehouse with my coworker, but I still bought too much. I did this DIY bunting vs, buying cheesy flags. I had a wide stars & stripes fabric that I cut into 3. I used zip ties (electrician boyfriend idea!) to bunch the sides and middles and hook to the patio railings, and even one on the bottom center of each one to keep the round bottom from flying in the wind. I bought some wide tan burlap type ribbon from Wal-Mart & tied the bunches together. I think it turned out nice!

\I was going to make some seams on the tablecloths, but I ran out of time. I cut them with some jagged scissors my mom lent me, and left the cool fabric ends of some of them too. I got cheap $1 hankies from the Target bins and used them all around the house too.



I made patriotic cupcakes & got some cool muffin papers and flags to put on them from Target. I think I got this cute cupcake display from Wal-Mart.

My friend @ work made this for me! She has a cool Etsy shop. I got the cute paper lanters on the sides from Target.

Cute pinwheels from Michaels... I put red, white & silver bead necklaces in a flower vase to hold them. I got the necklaces at Target, and I had the vase.

Cute paper America banner I made with ABC banner from ModCloth.com - you can mix it up every holiday.

Cool bucket we have from James's partner - filled with Coronas & ice. James did this one himself. :P


Cute patriotic towel from Big Lots, paper straws from BevMo, spinny straws from Target, Sunflowers from James from Albertsons, and my cool Kirkland beverage dispenser in glass - on a cool iron stand. I got the tag for it from Pier 1.



I was waiting for James to go grocery shopping and he hadn't gone, so I got started. I like to make my Sangria the night before, so all the flavors soak up good overnight. So, I used what I had, and wrote down what I threw in. They both turned out super yummy.. and I made them with LOVE! :)

My White Sangria Recipe: 
  • 1.5L white moscato wine 
  • 1 bottle white zinfandel wine
  • 2 cups of blueberry vodka 
  • 2 cups of contreau (orange liqueur) 
  • 2 quarts of water, with 2 lemonade Crystal Lite packets mixed in 
  • 2 cans of Squirt, 1 can of Sprite 
  • 4 small lemons sliced up & thrown in 
  • 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice (used the ends that didn't look pretty sliced up & squeezed the juice in) 
  • 2 cups of frozen blueberries
  • 2 cups of frozen peach slices
  • 10 strawberries in slices 
  • 1 Fuji apple in slices
  • 1 medium orange in slices
  • ice!
My Red Sangria Recipe:
  • 1/2 bottle Pomegranate red wine 
  • 1 shot UV Vodka
  • 1/4 cup Contrieau
  • 1 can of Sprite 
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries 
  • 1 packet of Crystal Lite Lemonade 
  • 2 sliced lemons and the juice of the ends 
  • A few splashes of Cranberry juice 
  • 2 strawberries sliced 
  • ice!

Fun USA banner from Big Lots, and paper star banners from Wal-Mart.



More tablecloths in the backyard. Started getting dark.. but we had the burger bar for condiments out here.



I had too much fun decorating, and not a lot of fun cleaning up! The party was very fun!! It was so wonderful to have 20 family members at our home to celebrate with us! Cheers! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...